August 8th Summerblast Picnic

Started by Veda Waltz, July 10, 2020, 04:22:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DATE: August 08, 1:00 Rain or Shine

RSVP: No later than July 17th. Indicate if you DO NOT eat seafood.

SETUP: On Wednesday, August 5th, we will need all hands on deck to prepare property for weekend event. Such as Canopies, tables, chairs, trash cans, lights, firepit

WHERE: Bill & Veda’s, 350 Rupp Road, Halifax. Take 322 W to the 147 N. Exit, continue on 147 for 4 miles and make a left onto Rupp Road. Continue on Rupp Road, stop look and listen then cross railroad tracks and you’re at our home along the Susquehanna River. We will have canopies set up to keep you dry or out of the sun.

MENU: Clams on the grille, Shrimp, Clam Chowder, Cony Island Hamburgers, Beer, Soda and Water. Please bring a covered dish if you can transport it easily to round out the menu, salads, deserts, appetizers.

COST: There may be a nominal fee to help cover the costs(hasn’t happened yet). This will be determined at the August meeting after the Xmas party expenses are projected.

Please RSVP no later than July 17th if you plan on attending. If you don’t eat seafood, please indicate on your RSVP so that we have enough burgers for the land lubbers.

CAMPING WEEKEND: We would like to extend an invitation to the SCPAVRA members to camp out and spend the WEEK or Friday, Saturday and Sunday at our home. Bring your camping gear, food and beverages. We’ll supply the porch for relaxing as you gaze over the Susquehanna River, fishing all weekend (you can usually walk across the river in August), campfire, horseshoes and friendship that is code for PARTY Friday and Saturday evening. We’ll have a chiller table set up on Saturday for cold items and the grills for cooking. Canopies will be up for rain or shine. Bring old shoes if you plan on going in the river.

We will be doing a river float with kayaks and canoes on Friday, all are welcome to join in or sit on porch, bring your own toys (kayaks & canoes) if you have them, pull out from my house at 10:30. We have limited numbers of loaners so let me know ASAP. If you already told me you would like to go please tell me again. The float will start at the Millersburg Ferry launch, last about 5 Hours, ending at our home.  Pack a lunch, water, sunscreen, your favorite beverages, fishing rods and cameras.  Don’t forget to wear river shoes. If you are spending the weekend or evening we will car pool to Max’s Restaurant, Millersburg (if they reopen after coved and mandates removed) for dinner Friday evening.  Please bring breakfast foods and any hard alcohol drinks to share or preferred beverages and we will have a great weekend to talk about for years to come.  Can’t wait to have you all visit and have fun.

Signed up for blast so far:

Tina & Butch (weekend warriors)
Veda & Bill (24-7 warriors)
Kim (for the week)
Kris
Paul
Jim & Diane
Jeff & Marge
Dan
Jenn & Mike
Barry
Randy & Amanda
Dawn & Dennis
Ashley & Tom (1 no seafood)
Tara & Corey (1 No seafood)

Signed up for kayak float
Paul
Veda
Kris
Kim
Tina & Butch (own kayaks)
Eddie
Jeff
Dawn
Ashley
Dan
Randy & Amanda (Checking on last two available)
Jenn & Mike (checking on two I have that aren't mine to see if available)
Only Canoes remaining

We do have two canoes which will take two people each if anyone is interested.
Veda Waltz
Cat Herder